The Village Academy aims to promote good village life
- Inspire and motivate the local community residents and villagers to see the value in their surroundings and participate in activities.
- Show and share examples of how the local community can be nurtured and developed.
- Foster a strong and committed sense of community among village residents.
- Highlight and disseminate methods and tools for creating meeting places and developing the local environment.
- Engage developers, planners and researchers in rural development and the arts to participate in and contribute to the Academy's activities.
- Position the academy as an important resource for method development and implementation of rural development projects.