14 days of immersion with Roberta Carreri
At The Dance of Intentions, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself with a 14-day seminar with Roberta Carreri.
Roberta Carreri joined Nordisk Teaterlaboratorium – Odin Teatret in 1974 and she has been part of ISTA (International School of Theater Anthropology) since its foundation in 1980. Carreri's work as an actor and teacher is shaped by 49 years of collaboration with Eugenio Barba and by her meeting with performance techniques from Japan, India, Bali and China. Both at home and abroad, The Dance of Intentions is a recognized and sought-after seminar/masterclass.
The participants work on creating bodily and vocal actions, and on performing these actions with different qualities of energy. This takes place, among other things, through exercises in slow motion. And finally, the workshop focuses on voice training with the body as a sounding board and with the relationship between vocal and physical actions.
At this seminar, the focus is on the individual actor's presence in the room and in relation to the other actors on stage; on how one is present in the action one performs and at the same time ready to react.
We work with "in-intentions" (the starting point for actions) and with how to achieve dynamic immobility. The seminar also explores exercises with the eyes and the different energy qualities of the gaze. We will also track down the leading points, i.e. the points in the body where the leading impulse of a movement originates.
The purpose of the seminar is to convey the basis of an acting education that can help young actors to discover their "stage presence" by exploring a formalized stage behavior and to offer experienced actors a way to free themselves from automatisms and incorporated clichés.
Prices for December 2023
- 6.000 DKK ≈ 806,00 € regular price
- 4.500 DKK ≈ 605,00 € Students* / Group discount for participants from the same organization/institution
*Students must present a valid student card to receive the discount
Included in the price:
- Access to workspaces and common areas such as music rooms, library, archives and video rooms
- Staying in shared rooms, bathrooms and shower rooms
- Kitchen with equipment to prepare and eat your own food, including a fridge to store your personal food
- Access to washing machine
- Travel to and from the theatre
Application for December 2023
- General application by November 13
Selected participants will receive a confirmation email by November 14th.
Payment for the workshop is due by November 17th.
Background could be actors, theatre students, dancers, performers, musicians, and anyone with a passion and interest in discovering techniques and tools of theatre practice
- Participants arrive at the theater on December 3 and leave on December 17, 2023
- The workshop will be held in English and the leader can communicate in Danish, Italian and Spanish
- All participants will receive an official certificate of participation
When you attend a workshop at NTL
You will have the opportunity to meet and network with the house's artists and guests, as well as see selected performances that are played during the length of the workshop.
There is a very special atmosphere in our historic theatre, and you will be invited to the house meetings and activities when it fits with your programme.